Friday 19 February 2010

zip up pouches


I have recently got a sewing machine, so I have been experimenting with a few ideas. I made these little zip up pouches, which can be used as wash bags/ make up bags or really for anything. I have given a few away as presents and my friends and family have been really pleased with them. I get the zips from charity shops (although they are uaually quite cheap from sewing shops too) and all the material I use is from charity shops for around 20p-30p. You can also pick up good quality material as scraps (which are sometimes quite large pieces) from sewing shops or places which make curtains or other soft furnishings for bargain prices too - if you dont ask, you dont get! I sometimes decorate my make up bags with beads, or like the one at the front of the picture - a material flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flower painting

Flower painting
(Painted in 2008)